|Official Title of the Event
||ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2022
|Dates & Times
||From 00:00, Saturday, January 22, 2022 to 23:59, Sunday, February 20, 2022
|Event / Participant
Limit / Entry Fees
Marathon (42.195 km)
Individuals, groups*, and those in a wheelchair
- A group of 2-5 runners collectively run the distance of a full marathon.
- Participant Limit
Individuals: 7,000 runners
Groups: 200 groups of runners
Those in a wheelchair: 100 runners （※Note: There are different entry methods.）
All categories on a first-come, first-served basis. Application will be closed when the limit is reached.
- Entry Fees
Those living in Japan: JPY4,000
（* JPY2,000 for an elementary school student who applies for entry as a member of a group）
Those living outside of Japan: JPY8,000
The participant limit includes those participating from the following slots:
- "Kyoto resident" slot (2,000 individuals)
For applicants whose address at the time of application is within Kyoto City
- "Runners from overseas" slot (1,000 individuals)
For applicants whose address at the time of application is outside Japan
- "Furusato Nōzei (Hometown Tax)" slot （No capacity）
We accept applications for those who have an address outside Kyoto (excluding however those overseas) at the time of entry and have donated to Kyoto City's hometown tax payments (a gift with the right to run the "Online Kyoto Marathon 2022".)
Promotion Foundation as a recipient will have their entry fee waived.
||Applicants must have a smartphone onto which GPS training app TATTA can be downloaded.
Applicants must be not younger than the following ages
- Marathon (individuals)
Have been born before April 1, 2009
- Marathon (groups)
Have been born before April 1, 2015
Elementary school students may only apply if they are in a group with their guardians.
- Marathon (in a wheelchair)
Have been born before April 1, 2003
||From 12:00, Thursday, November 18, 2021 to 23:59, Sunday, December 19, 2021
* Hometown tax program limit is from 12:00 on Wednesday, November 10th (2021) to 23:59 on Friday, December 31st (priority entry).
|Applying for Entry
- Applicants living in Japan, Applicants living outside of Japan
From the online entry website "RUNNET”
||No awards will be conferred.
|Mutual Support Fund
||To support medical institutions and medical professionals in Kyoto City, as well as individuals and business operators who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and prevent its further spread, applicants will be asked to offer a voluntary donation (in JPY500 increments). Once participation is confirmed, you will be requested to pay the sum of the entry fee and the donation.
||"ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2022" original Multi-Way Cover (CW-X)*.
|Gifts for Finishers
||Finisher medal (all runners)*
Marathon (individuals): Marathon (individuals): In-app finisher certificate
Marathon (groups), Marathon (in a wheelchair): A Web finisher certificate
- Other than the above, a lottery will be held for finishers where you will be able to get wonderful prizes.
- Multiple applications by the same person (as an individual and in a group, in multiple groups, in a wheelchair, etc.)
are prohibited. Only one application may be submitted by one individual. Applications for multiple events, etc. will result in disqualification without exception and fees and charges will not be refunded.
- Runners should pay due attention to their safety by, for example, running a course in athletic parks or along river banks.
- While running, runners should follow all relevant laws/regulations, including the road traffic act.
- Runners should not cause trouble or inconvenience those around them by, for example, obstructing general traffic.
- While running at night, runners should prevent being involved in a traffic accident by wearing luminous reflectors, holding a light, etc.
- The organizers will retain the rights to broadcast, publish, and post videos and photos of and articles about the race, the names, ages, addresses (prefecture or city/town), time records, etc. of
participants via TV programs, newspapers, magazines, websites, and other media.
- The organizers will not be held liable for any damage caused by an injury, illness, loss of personal belongings, or any accident that may occur during the race.
- This marathon event will not be covered by accident insurance taken out by the organizers. Participants should purchase an insurance policy for themselves if it seems necessary.
- The organizers comply with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and related laws of Japan, as well as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other international
laws/regulations, and handle personal information of participants in accordance with the
organizers' policy to protect personal information. In order to offer better services to the
participants, the organizers will use such personal information to notify participants of relevant information, etc. and provide services from cooperating/supporting organizations. The organizers
may also contact applicants to confirm application details.
- After an application has been filed, applicants may not change the events they wish to enter or the details of their application, cancel an application, or have their payments refunded due to a change in their circumstances.
- Should false statements of age, gender, and other personal information or proxies and/or
assignments of runners' rights be discovered, records of the participant(s) in question will be
nullified and fees and charges will not be refunded. Also, future applications for KYOTO MARATHON from those person(s) will not be accepted.
- Should dishonest conduct be confirmed from running records, the runner(s) in question will be disqualified. In such cases, entry fees will not be refunded and commemorative gifts will not be sent.
- Underage persons must obtain consent from their guardians to apply for entry.
- The organizers will not be held responsible for delays in application or transmission of fees due to poor internet connections or omitted measurements due to in-app failures, etc.
- Online applications may not be successfully processed depending on the terminal, operating system, browser software, etc. that is used.
- No receipts will be issued for entry and other fees. If you pay with a credit card, you may use statements or invoices issued by the credit card issuer instead. If you make a payment at convenience stores, a copy of your transfer records may serve as a receipt.
- ONLINE KYOTO MARATHON 2022 will be held in compliance with all applicable laws/regulations.
- This marathon event will not be a timed competition. Participants are advised to run at a reasonable pace depending on their physical strength and condition.
- Runners may choose which course to run and when to start, so long as the chosen course and time frame are deemed safe in respective regions in terms of the possibility of COVID-19 infection.
- For the sake of preventing the further spread of COVID-19, runners are requested to refrain from running in a group or on busy streets and other crowded places. Should it become necessary to run
- Runners are requested to refrain from using a smartphone while running as much as possible.
- Elementary school students should be accompanied by their guardians whenever possible.